During the pandemic, the internet has been our go-to place whether it is for a meeting or to shop. With the upcoming festive season I want to dress my best and what better than to buy lehenga online for my elegant and glam look. Lehengas have always been a charm and this piece of clothing has witnessed a drastic change over the years. My fancy at the moment is crop top lehenga.
It’s a dream for any girl to have a perfect lehenga whatever be the occasion – a wedding or a festival. Playing with different elements, fabric, draping, it can be styled in such a way that it makes you look charming and elegant when you wear it. Traditionally bright lehengas have always been my pick but nowadays you also see lehengas, shararas and ghararas being made in pastel colours which look so graceful. Peach, dull blue, baby pink, steel blue are perfect if it’s a day function while for night function my picks are the brightest hues of pink, red, orange, green. Champagne and golden lehengas have made their foray into traditional functions and festivals too. When it comes to elements heritage floral, art and paintings, murals inspired lehengas like the Moroccan art also add to the vintage charm fashion statement. A little embroidery and sequins on a peach pastel colour lehenga in net and florets look wonderful too. Backless cholis with doris and lattooos, cold shoulders, metallic sleeves, asymmetrical sleeves with ruffles add vibrancy to the outfit. Be it velvet to georgette to raw silk to net lehengas, you are spoilt for choice in materials and patterns. It’s traditional fusion, elegance, class, grace all occasions.
One place I like to checkout for my lehenga shopping is Kalki Fashion which has the latest lehenga trends. Lehengas from this brand is not only adored by people like you and me but even Bollywood beauties and celebrities who are often seen wearing Kalki Fashion on the runway, promotions and shows.
Styling is what enhances your look and adds another dimension of fashion and here are some tips:
- Pairing lehengas with crop tops is a trend this season.
- A metallic jewellery belt on the waist adds the oomph factor
- Lehengas with slit kurti and a flowy silhouette gives u a sexy hourglass image
- If you are the traditional lehenga lover and like bold colors then add some traditional jewellery and gajra with your duppatta tucked well in place for the classy look
- If you want to play a fusion look add modern accessories- a clutch and statement jewellery
- Add a nose accessory for those special gazes
- If you want to mix and match you still have options of choosing jackets over crop tops
- If your lehenga is plain, drape a heavy dupatta with it and u could do a simple neutral or bold make up accordingly and sway your magic
- Last but not the least, be confident and walk with charm and grace
Makeup, a lovely hair style and dazzling diamond jewellery makes you ready to flaunt your best charming true self in delicate subtle attire and makes you shine like a true diva. You can never go wrong with Lehengas whether it’s gotta patti, zari, zardozi, thread work, sequins or stonework for the upcoming festive season – be it Raksha Bandhan, Durga Pooja Diwali or Karwa Chauth.
So, log on and shop to your heart’s content. Afterall, as far as Indian wear is concerned, more is more and less is bore!
With inputs from Shilpa Arora